There are nine objectives of the “UFRC”:
1. Create communication between journalists through association.
2. To work as a voice representing all working journalists at CIS Football games and to contribute input to the conferences regarding working conditions and resources at games.
3. Provide input to the conferences to establish guidelines regarding distribution of information.
4. Provide representation for journalists who have a grievance with an individual team, athletic department or conference.
5. Mentor younger journalists, especially those with student media outlets regarding the Canadian university game.
6. Contribute to, or establish regional and national awards that enhance the profile of the University game in Canada.
7. To create a “Canadian University Football Hall of Fame”, either in an area of the current Canadian Football Hall of Fame in Hamilton or, as a stand alone institution.
8. To eventually create a social meeting place at Vanier Cup for members to convene.
9. To broaden the base and awareness of the Football Reporters of Canada to make it a more resilient organization.
UFRC Membership will be open to the following members of the media:
– National print reporters.
– National television broadcasters who cover CIS football.
– Regional radio reporters/hosts.
– Regional/Local print reporters.
– Regional television broadcasters who cover CIS football.
– Radio/Internet play-by-play and commentators who cover a CIS team.
– Campus based sports writers and editors
– Campus based broadcasters who actively cover CIS football.
– Webmasters who host and regularly maintain a CIS Football-specific site.
For more information, contact Chairperson Jim Mullin at email@example.com